What is a TSA PreCheck fast security check?
TSA Precheck (TSA Precheck) is a rapid security check program designed to help passengers pass security checks quickly at the airport. If you apply and have approved in advance by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), the relevant personnel will guide you to the exclusive security inspection channel. You do not need to take off your shoes, coat, or belt, and you do not need to take your laptop and 3-1-1 liquids out of your bag. Take it out.
3 Liquid rule
- Liquid, aerosol, gel, cream, and paste carried by each passenger shall not exceed 3.4 ounces (100 ml);
- Need to use 1 quart (approximately equal to 1.10 liters), easy-pull-sealable, clean plastic bag device for all items;
- Passengers can only bring 1 pack of the above liquid items through the security check channel.
Scope of Passengers Applicable to TSA Precheck Fast Security Check
- You are a U.S. citizen, national, legal permanent resident, or Canadian citizen who has joined the Trusted Traveler Program NEXUS member;
- You must be a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard and Reserve Service;
- You are a student and member of the U.S. Military Academy, Naval Academy, Coast Guard, Air Force Academy, and Maritime Academy;
- You are a passenger who has been selected to use the existing safe flight system requirements on a flight participating in the safe flight system.
How to join TSA fast security check?
You can apply for the TSA rapid security screening program in the following ways:
- If you are a U.S. citizen, national or legal permanent resident, log on to the official website of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration to apply online. If you pass the approval, you will get a notification letter with the KTN (Known Traveler Number) known passenger number, and you can enjoy 5 years of TSA fast security check.
- If you are a non-U.S. citizen, you can go to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Trusted Traveler Program website to apply, which includes the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Global Entry Program (Global Entry ), NEXUS and SENTRI, etc. If approved, you will get a 9-digit PASS ID number. Which is equivalent to KTN (Known Traveler Number).
How to enter the Known Traveler Number (KTN)?
After the passenger completes the identity recognition and approval, when booking the flight, he actively informs the original reservation travel agency or the customer service staff of our company to enter the KTN/PASS ID number in the reservation system. In addition, the transportation staff can be notified when checking in at the airport. Re-declare, that is, you can enjoy fast security check service. Passengers who purchase tickets through the official website of China Airlines can directly enter the KTN number on the official website of the company.
How do I know that I can use the TSA Precheck pre-screening plan?
If you have been approved to use the TSA Precheck pre-screening program, the TSA Pre-check logo will be displayed near your name on your boarding pass, indicating that you have approved the use of the TSA Precheck pre-screening program.
Can friends or family members traveling with me use the TSA Precheck pre-screening plan with me?
- Friends or family members who are 13 years of age or older must apply for and obtain approval in advance to use the TSA Pre-check pre-screening program.
- Travelers under 12 years old (inclusive) can use the TSA Pre-check pre-screening plan together with a qualified person.
Which sites are suitable for TSA fast security checks?
- Eastern Airlines flights departing from San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York (SFO/LAX/JFK);
- China Eastern Airlines flight departing from Shanghai and transferring to Delta American flight.
How to use TSA Precheck for fast security checks?
When checking in at the check-in counter. You must provide the counter staff with a formally known Traveler Number (KTN). The “TSA PRE” logo will appear on the boarding pass. Show the boarding pass with the “TSA PRE” logo. You can use the security check to complete the security check quickly before boarding.