What are essential oils
Essential oils is a concentrated mixture of aromatic substances that is obtained from plant materials (leaves, roots, seeds, fruits, flowers, bark, resin) by pressing; extraction or distillation. Thanks to such oils, the plant has a characteristic smell and is protected from insects, and also has medicinal properties that we can use for our own benefit.
How to use essential oils
For the skin
Essential oils are a real treasure for the skin. However, keep in mind that you need to use them based on your needs and not in pure form, but adding to creams and face masks or diluting with vegetable oil. Different types of oils can achieve the following results:
- Anti-aging effect. The essential oil of neroli, rose, sandalwood, verbena, bigardia, ylang-ylang, orange, jasmine, incense will help reduce the number of wrinkles and increase skin elasticity.
- Firming effect (lifting). These properties are possessed by myrrh, rose, sandalwood, patchouli, neroli, fennel.
- Healthy complexion. For a natural glow, use lime, rose, verbena, mint and neroli oils.
- Cleansing. For cleansing the skin and narrowing the pores, the oils of myrtle, grapefruit, lemon, marjoram, ylang-ylang, lemon balm, rosemary are suitable.
- Removal of irritation. Lavender, chamomile, patchouli or geranium will help you with this.
- Elimination of edema. Juniper, chamomile, lemon, limetta, or myrrh oils do this well.
Essential oils For hair
Essential oils perfectly nourish, moisturize and restore hair, making it stronger, shiny and manageable.
They can be added to shampoo (a couple of drops with each wash), to hair masks (a few drops of essential oil must be diluted with 2 tablespoons of any vegetable oil or egg white), and you can also add a drop of essential oil to the comb before combing hair. You can choose a combination of oils by hair type:
- Essential oils of tea tree, ylang-ylang, geranium, lavender, cypress, bergamot, cedar tree, lemon, orange, rosemary, sandalwood, thyme, chamomile, juniper, rose, sage are suitable for normal hair type .
- Good for oily hair : sage, cloves, peppermint, eucalyptus, basil, verbena, burdock, geranium, juniper, rose, ginger, lavender, pine, ylang-ylang, calendula, cedarwood, cypress, lemon, orange, lemon balm.
- Suitable for dry hair : incense, chamomile, jasmine, sandalwood, rosemary, rose and orange.
Essential oils For inhalation
Some essential oils are able to eliminate inflammation and increase the secretory function of the bronchi. Therefore, they can be use for bronchitis, tonsillitis, colds and runny nose.
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to it.
- Cover your head with a towel, bend over the pot and breathe.
- Carry out such inhalations 2-3 times a day for 5-7 minutes.
Eucalyptus, anise, thyme, mint, tea tree or lemon essential oils are best suit for such inhalations.
Important advice: be sure to read the instructions before using this or that oil, and find out about possible contraindications.
As you can see, the range of uses for essential oil is very wide. So, depending on your needs, you can definitely find a good option for yourself.