The leaf blower is a gardening machine that uses centrifugal force to move leaves and other elements. Thus, it helps you group them to facilitate their later collection. Without a doubt, it is a very useful device to speed up and simplify your work. Do you want to know more about him?
Table of Contents
Definition and characteristics of the leaf blower
The rake of yesteryear has been so modernized that, now, we can do this work almost automatically. In fact, garden blowers would be your update in digital times, since they are used for similar purposes:
- Regroup and collect leaves.
- Collect small waste.
- Gather dry fallen leaves, cut grass and other natural elements.
- Clear or remove sediment on pavement, grass and other surfaces.
- Simplify the cleaning of gardens, sidewalks, paths, gutters and other surfaces.
How do they work?
In essence, a leaf blower uses a mechanism comparable to that of a hair dryer. We could describe it as a fan with blades that:
- Obtains air from its surroundings.
- It forces it to rotate inside at greater power than what it entered.
- It expels it through a tube towards the exit hole.
That is, it uses centrifugal force to achieve its purpose in your garden.
What types of garden blowers exist?
Depending on its power source , the current market offers three main types:
- Electrical .They work with a cable connected to the electrical network, so they take away some autonomy and room for action. In general, they weigh less and are easily transported, although they are not very comfortable to handle. Therefore, if there are many environments on the work surface, its use becomes complicated. Another advantage? Maintenance is practically unnecessary.
- Battery powered .They also take advantage of electricity, but with absolute freedom of manoeuvre. They usually weigh more than the previous ones and require having their load secured before using them. However, they provide great autonomy and are very practical in spaces that are not too large.
- Combustion with gasoline . They are the least sustainable of the three, as they use perishable fossil fuels. They allow you to work at high speed and serve to cover much larger areas. As an added counterpart, they make more noise than the rest (around 107 decibels on average, compared to the 85 average for electric ones).
There are other varieties related to their added functions:
- Vacuum blower . It completes its usual function with that of vacuuming external elements, for which you only have to change the mode of use.
- Crusher blower . Accompany the two previous tasks with that of crushing the swallowed leaves. Multiply the use of your storage bag by up to sixteen!
- From a backpack . It incorporates its own container that moves easily on the body. Thus, you work with great freedom and greater comfort.
How to use these machines
At Husqvarna we offer you a selection of products of high technical and functional quality . Now, you have to learn to use them correctly.
There are differences between a gasoline blower, such as the 350BT , and a compact one, for example the 125B . However, the key usage guidelines are the same in a professional gasoline model as in a light hobby model. Start point? Read and understand the instruction manual . Follow it conscientiously until you have learned to handle yourself with ease.
Great Tips for Using Garden Blowers
If the circumstances and the gardening profession advise it, you can use this equipment at any time. Logically, falling leaves encourage more frequent management in the fall .
It is important to plan your actions, not improvise and keep in mind these practical tips for blowing leaves :
Select, in advance, where you are going to accumulate the items obtained. Place a tarp or mesh in that area as a reference, if possible .
Make that place the center of your intervention. Always move from the outside towards it, and advance moving in a zigzag as you approach.
Use approved safety equipment that includes protective glasses, gloves, mask, long pants and covered arms.
Never point the nozzle at people or animals.
Take frequent breaks, since it is a physically demanding job.
Clean the machine after each use. Never do it with flammable products or solvents! Avoid windy or humid
days to make it easier to control the flow of waste. Always work by launching the air jet in the same direction . Otherwise, you will have more problems collecting what is generated.